Russia controls 90% of US semiconductor-grade neon. How do we invest in the other 10%? via /r/wallstreetbets #stocks #wallstreetbets #investing


Russia controls 90% of US semiconductor-grade neon. How do we invest in the other 10%?

You probably know by now that the semiconductor stocks are taking a nose dive due to Russia possibly cutting off key ingredients used in semiconductor manufacturing.

Reuters said Russia could disrupt 90% of US semiconductor-grade neon. So how do we invest in that other 10%?

I did a quick google search and only found this Korean company called POSCO, but they just barely started producing NEON this year.

POSCO localizes technology for production of rare gas neon:

The new facility is cable of producing about 22,000 normal cubic meters of high purity neon every year, which is enough to cover 16 percent of domestic demand. Normal cubic meter (Nm3) is used to represent the amount of natural gas in the gas industry. TEMC has secured long-term purchase rights. POSCO, which nurtures the production of rare gases as a new growth engine, will work with domestic companies to localize facilities for other imported chemical compounds such as Xenon and Krypton

Questions:

  • What is the best non-Russian company we can invest in with regards to Neon?
  • Are any of them good to invest in even if this Russian thing didn’t happen?

Submitted February 11, 2022 at 11:26PM by r2002
via reddit https://ift.tt/fMqmZk2